+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New tires

It's not really a technical thing, but they were installed, lol. I really do have to say some things about these though. Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo's, highly recommend for anyone needing new tires, especially for snow. These were my Christmas present and just in time, too. So far I think we've had 6" of snow at our worst and I've been out in every storm so far. Never got struck, never slid, just planted firmly and drove like normal.........all with NO 4x4!!!!!!!! (bad motor) Awesome tires, and not expensive either. I think the HD Silverado's come with them. So yeah, need good tires for snow, definitely look at these.

P.S. Yeah I know they are smaller than what was on there (31x10.5 to LT235/75R15), but that's all part of the master plan.........when the Exploder is done, these go on that and the Cent will never see snow again, and hopefully never see this small of tire again either
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Traveler; 03-03-2007 at 03:33 PM.
    I got one!!!!!!!!
    '94 C-150
    '78 Bronco

USAF C-17 Avionics Sucked In adrianspeeder's Avatar

Always been happy with the Michelin LTX AT's. Dad's tryin a set of Firestone Steelex's on the 97. So far those have been good on the diesel.

Adrianspeeder

I've run those Michelins on the Exploder since I've had it and loved them, but I heard good things about these and seemed a bit cheaper as well. IMO both have been better than the Wranglers I've had.

..............and then there are the Farm and Fleet special lol
    I got one!!!!!!!!
    '94 C-150
    '78 Bronco

Administrator Sucked In 4doorbronko's Avatar

Cool!
    That truck always did impress me in the slick stuff. Got caught in an ice storm coming back from WI. one time pulling a transport with car. It just pulled right on through.
    Is the motor for the 4X4 bad or just need a good cleaning? Maybe the contacts are corroded?
    William E. Shobel
    1941-2010

"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "

A list of the toys

This last summer we drove it over the pit and pulled the motor. *Everything looked clean.... real clean We held the motor hooked up while someone pushed the button. *Some times it would move, other times it would do nothing. *Some times it would move a little bit. *Each time you could hear all the relays clicking inside the truck. *I think I posted about it once before and most agreed on a bad motor. *The dealership round here shot me a good deal on a new one for $210, but after I felt these tires in snow I'm just gonna keep it 2wd till the big tear down. *Now that I've said that, I'll let ya know when I stick it in a ditch * *If I can make it this winter without problems the Exploder will be the main money eater project.
    I got one!!!!!!!!
    '94 C-150
    '78 Bronco

Administrator Sucked In 4doorbronko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'll let ya know when I stick it in a ditch
    NOoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
    William E. Shobel
    1941-2010

"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "

A list of the toys

+ Reply to Thread