+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yet-to-be-Named 1994 C350

Default Re: Yet-to-be-Named 1994 C350

Somewhere around that timeframe it started to look like a truck again! A truck that realy needs paint...

After noticing the parts truck had factory keyless entry, I embarked on that wiring nightmare. turns out adapting 2 door door harnesses to four door is quite a project. Thank gooodness for wiring schematics.

On an impulse, I decided to try out a double Din Android based radio so i could interface the new fangled OBD2 system and run Torque Pro through the radio. Eventually, I'll use an arduino to add some more I/O to the system like EGT, LP Oil, and Coolant Temp.

I sold the grey f150 seats and console and replaced with a tan F150 console and Black/Tan Expedition seats. Heated/cooled full power on both sides. few wires under there: oofta I've since found out that the heating and cooling is controlled over CAN bus, further adding to the complexity of the gdang thing.

I have a circuit breaker under the hood for feeding a 12 circuit fuse panel in the center console for the (at least) 6 circuits requiring power for the seats, future heated/cooled cupholders, console power point, etc.

Mounted up a set of retreads on stock wheels:

With only two front seats and one seat belt, I start putting some miles on it. The added weight up front amplifies the need for front end rebuild, so it gets the works. rear brakes too since the parking brake was lacking. 100ish miles of driving, pecking things off the list and disaster strikes.

All the day before we were about to roadtrip it 12 hours to Minnesota for the COR Races.

So here we started looking for a replacement trans. Man, not as plentiful as they used to be! After a couple weeks I had a buddy pick up a core with a good case for way too much money. the internet gave me enough confidence to pull both of them apart and swap my good internals into the good case.

As it turns out, the ZF S5 family is pretty simple to tear apart. We'll keep the busted tailhousing for the wall of shame. might have er welded up someday for emergencies. :P

so after about a month of down time the replacement trans was cleaned up, guts swapped and measured, and ready to go back in. Figured I'd toss some FAST PTO cover coolers on there to add a couple quarts of capacity and whipped up a quick brace to tie the Tcase mount face to the trans mount a little better. I was a little gunshy about busting another tailhousing at this point.

Senior Member Sucked In

Glad to see you making progress.
    1995 C-350 4x4 7.3 Powerstroke 233,000
    1997 F-250 Powerstroke CC short bed 4x4 7.3 w/ dana 60 swap, stage 1 injectors 294,000
    1997 F-250 Powerstroke CC short bed converted to 4x4 & dually PMF RSK & dana 60 swap 355,000 Over 600rwhp
    1994.5 F-350 Powerstroke Centurion CC dually 4x4 7.3 5 speed 389,000
    2017 Mustang GT 5.0 auto 8,500

+ Reply to Thread