+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can anyone help?

Member Committed

Default can anyone help?

I'm looking for a fuel gauge for my E350 cabriolet. I don't want the whole cluster just the actual gauge. Its fitted to the bottom left corner of the cluster. It will read on the front diesel fuel or unleaded obviously depending on what the vehicle is, I need one for my diesel. believe its the same gauge for the whole E series 150 , 250, 350. I've tried the usual places such as ebay, and similar sites . with no success. Don't mind if its new or used. Can anyone help.

Junior Member New User

Default Re: can anyone help?

I am a little busy this week. But next week I would have time to look at the junk yard. I also have a van cluster laying around if I can find it.

Senior Member Sucked In

there weren't many changes from 75-91 on the guage clusters in the Eseries take a look at the back of your guage in the cluster and take a pic to compare. might be your best bet to get one off Epay , lots of people ship on there. 73-79 Fseries carried the same instrument cluster here in North America. should have lots of options.

if it is reading normal on your front tank but not on the rear its probably not the guage , its most likely a sender problem. or possibly the tank switch on the bottom of the dash.

Member Committed

Hi traveler thanks for your reply. If you can find the time to source me a gauge that would be great. Like I said before I only actually need the gauge not the full cluster, which would make it easier to ship anyway. I was doing some work on the dash and stupidly i broke the back of the gauge, I couldn't believe it. everything was working fine prior to that so I was unlucky that day. I'll try and put a picture on of the dashboard but I'm sure your familiar with what I'm after. Thanks for offering your time to help .

Member Committed

Quote Originally Posted by 68Mercury250Ranger View Post
    there weren't many changes from 75-91 on the guage clusters in the Eseries take a look at the back of your guage in the cluster and take a pic to compare. might be your best bet to get one off Epay , lots of people ship on there. 73-79 Fseries carried the same instrument cluster here in North America. should have lots of options.

if it is reading normal on your front tank but not on the rear its probably not the guage , its most likely a sender problem. or possibly the tank switch on the bottom of the dash.
    cheers 68murcury , hopefully traveler might be able to sort it for me.

Member Committed

Got one at last ��

+ Reply to Thread