+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted 4 Door Bronco

Default Wanted 4 Door Bronco

Ideally a 95 or 96 C350 4x4 with a 7.3

My business, CrawlTunes Off Road Audio Solutions, needs the perfect tow rig/rolling billboard, and I've been wanting to build a Centurion for it ever since the business started in 2012.

At my previous job, building custom hunting rigs, I got to work on a late 80s C250 and was my first exposure to the Centurion. We did roof repair and professionally bedlined the entire exterior.

A couple of years ago, the owner offered to sell it to me for a pretty good price, but the fact that it was sprayed made me pass. It looked great, but I plan to do some body mods and it would limited putting our logo on it.

We're currently building a 73 Bronco on fabricated 9" axles with 1 ton outers, ARB air lockers, rear stretched 5" and 4 linked, front stretched 1.4" on Duff Extended radius arms, 40" tires on beadlocks, and 14" ORI STX struts at all 4 corners.

______

Most important is a good frame.

If the front fender are rough or theres some rot on the rear quarters it's not a big issue.
    We will be doing pre runner fiberglass all around.

Interior doesn't have to be great either.

At this point, I'm really looking for a 7.3 in good running condition. We'll be towing a 26' enclosed trailer with our 73 and our products all over the country.

If I haven't come across the right one by the time the 73 is done, I'd consider with one with a tired 460 and I'll swap a 12 Valve Cummins.

I'll consider any location. I have some good relationships with some shippers.

I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of years now watching some of the builds and the classifieds.

Thanks,
    Derek
    www.crawltunes.com

before the current build
    Name:  IMG_1388.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  104.9 KB
    in progress
    Name:  IMG_0690.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  147.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_2468.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  112.4 KB

Default Re: Wanted 4 Door Bronco

note: pics are out of order and oriented wrong, and I'm not seeing a way to edit

Senior Member Sucked In AK Westphal's Avatar

You have to have them oriented right when you import. When you first attach and select you can delete the info that comes up on the screen then click on the attach button again and right under it you can see the names of each photo and select them one at a time to get them in order. I just went through the same thing and gradually worked out what to do after about the eighth picture came up wrong or in the wrong order, great thing is that you can go back and correct your older posts. Keep in mind there can only be five pictures per post.

Senior Member Sucked In AK Westphal's Avatar

Good luck on the last two years with a power stroke, that's a rare bird. If you added a manual to your wish list I'd say you'll be waiting to contact the next of kin for the two that seem to exist

I actually missed out on a 95 with a 7.3 over a year ago that was in great shape and near me. The owner had it listed for near 6 months and kept dropping his price.

I test drove it, and told him I'd have to talk to my wife and get back to him. Before I exited the truck, he came offered it for a grand less then what it was listed for(I think around $8900).

I waited 3 day to call back and try to score it for another $500 off, but it had sold the day before.

I've got a line on really clean 1 ton with a 460 for a smoking deal and I'll just swap a 12 valve Cummins/NV4500 for the amount I saved.

Catmandu New User

Sorry for the thread jack. Nice Axle. Is there anyone with SAS info into a C150 using Coil Sprung Super Duty Axles? i am resoring one i found in a barn and next on the list is drivetrain. if this post is an issue please let me know and ill delete it.

Thanks
    -Cody Taylor.

Senior Member Committed Polarburg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlTunes View Post
    I actually missed out on a 95 with a 7.3 over a year ago that was in great shape and near me. The owner had it listed for near 6 months and kept dropping his price.

I test drove it, and told him I'd have to talk to my wife and get back to him. Before I exited the truck, he came offered it for a grand less then what it was listed for(I think around $8900).

I waited 3 day to call back and try to score it for another $500 off, but it had sold the day before.

I've got a line on really clean 1 ton with a 460 for a smoking deal and I'll just swap a 12 valve Cummins/NV4500 for the amount I saved.
    12 valves aren't exactly cheap especially if you try to use a e4od behind it. All the parts to make it happen are expensive. But then again the ard the easiest of swaps to do

I would be running a Dodge NV4500 behind it.

Plus I have access to a high def plasma table and CNC press brake t make my own motor mounts.

Plus buying a gas truck leaves a ton in the budget to everything else.

Just sold my truck.

So I need something soon.

After a lot of thinking I'm broadening my search:
    2WD or 4X4 It will mainly be used for towing. And I'm also not scared to convert one to 4x4. Did one recently at my old job and it was fairly easy.

C350 or C250 I'm going to be upgrading all the suspension and swapping the rear axle any way.

460 or 7.3, or even a 351 in a C250(I think they came with that option) I'll be swapping a 12 valve by the end of the year.

I just need something that is ready to drive at this point without any major work. Once I finish my 73 Bronco, I'll be able to start tearing into a Centurion one part of the project at a time.

Interior condition is not important.
    Don't car if tailgate or right around the fenders is rusty. Just don't want bad rockers, or a terrible floor pan.
    Don't care about paint condition.
    Don't want anything that leaks bad.
    Must have A/C that works OK for now.

Senior Member Sucked In BigOldBlueC350's Avatar

I appreciate it.

I'm taking a road trip tomorrow to hopefully bring one home.
    CrawlTunes Off Road Audio Solutions
    Facebook
    YouTube Channel
    Follow Us on Instagram: @crawltunes

+ Reply to Thread