+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1983 Centurion E350

Junior Member New User

Default 1983 Centurion E350

Hey!!! Newbie here and not sure where to post this but here goes.... looking at a 1983 E350 Centurion Cruiser III with a 460 in it. The owner says it has a 460 with 2 barrel carb...... never heard of that one...... I know some of the earlier 429's in heavy trucks had 2 barrels but never seen one on a 460??????? Interior looks great, 2 year old paint looks very good....just a bit leery of the engine being 2 barrel...... Does anyone know anything on this one?

Senior Member Sucked In

Default Re: 1983 Centurion E350

429 2 barrel was only in fullsize cars before 1971. 370 came in a 2 barrel carb version in early medium truck engines but have never seen a 429 2V truck engine?

I had a 429 that came out of a car that someone had bolted on a 2barrel carb adapter and 2 barrel carb onto the 4barrel intake. somebody probably did the same thing on this one. shouldn't scare you off the vehicle, just ask some more questions, see if owner will let you pull off the doghouse and check the intake on it.

if he gets nervous and jumpy, that might be a sign .....................................

good luck with your viewing.

Junior Member New User

Thanks..... I am going to look this weekend.......I cannot imagine anyone would change the 460 out for a 370 or early 429 but ......never know. The truck really looks great in pictures but... feeling and touching and driving will tell.... Thanks again.

Junior Member New User

Carbs have always been a mystery to most people. holley especially is high maintenance. He could have very well just got pissed off trying to keep the 4barrel working and swapped it for one he trusted.

Junior Member New User

Thats exactly what he did..... Put on a adapter plate and a 500 CFM Holley 2 barrel.........Made him a offer and got it.......this came with it along with original paperwork.......
    Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  27.3 KB

Junior Member New User

Awesome, that is great news.
    Glad it found a good home.

Senior Member Committed natterre's Avatar

I am not sure what Traveler does for a living, but he seems to have a pretty good idea of how most people approach problems. His ideas are usually correct. He is a great resource to this site. Glad you got a good deal on that rig.

Senior Member Sucked In

congrats! when is it coming to its new home?

500cfm holley is not enough carb for pulling but if you are only goin gto drive it around and make all your friends jealous , it will do fine.

we love pics here, take some. even on the trip to its new home.

cheers James

Junior Member New User

Going to get her next week...... I already have a Edelbrock Performer intake and 750 Edelbrock carb for it.... She is going straight to my Mechanic for the intake and shorty headers...... then to the muffler shop..... I will post pictures as soon as I get thru striping ........ he had it repainted two years ago and just solid white..... Mama wants to give her some color!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread