+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking forward to buy a 4door in Canada.

Junior Member New User

Default Looking forward to buy a 4door in Canada.

Hello!

I'm living and studying in Vancouver at the moment. I'm from São Pulo, Brazil, and I have just moved in.

I'm looking for a Ford Four Door Bronco to buy and it seems to have no reliable one available in Canada (at least in Kijiji and Craigslist). There is one but it seems to be in bad conditions (Sorry if the owner is reading!) full of snow rust underneath.

PLAN A - Through my searches I found this forum and decided to take a shot and check if there is anyone trying to sell one in fair-to-good condition, anywhere in Canada.

PLAN B - In Seattle there's couple one's available and I was thinking about buying there and drive it north. Does anyone knows how hard/easy is to import a Centurion? I searched at RIV and I read that, because the truck is older than 15 years, it is exempt from RIV. But honestly, I have no idea how to start and proceed on it... is it even possible?

I'm new in this Forum and the reason why I'm looking for a Centurion is because, beyond being the coolest car ever, I'm planning to do an America Photography Expedition.

Cheers, Gustav.

Junior Member New User

Default Re: Looking forward to buy a 4door in Canada.

Awesome!, Welcome.

I do believe there are a couple people that have taken them across the border I hope they stop in here pretty soon and can tell you what to expect.

Member Dedicated

Easy to do, some taxes and fees to pay when you cross, but all you have to do is send a copy of the bill of sale to the us customs crossing you will be exporting the truck from 72 hrs prior to importing so they can verify that the vehicle is not stolen. Just call the port of entry and they will give you the necessary instructions, you can also search on the canada customs website for more info.

Member Dedicated

forgot to say that I bought my centurion in seatle and drove it through.

Junior Member New User

I have no words to tell you how much hope you gave to my heart! haha Honestly, I'm a much happier man today... the dream will come true shortly! When I'm buying straight from the owner (not in a shop) I still get a Bill os Sale... it might be a silly question, but yu know... not from here, mate! \o/

Cheers!

Junior Member New User

Not sure if you’re still looking or not, but I have one in Camada that I’d sell!

Senior Member Committed Skitter302's Avatar

pics?
    1991 Bronco Eddie Bauer ~ 351w EFI ~ E4OD ~ BW1356 (Manual) ~ Manual Hubs ~ 265/75 r15
    1989 Centurion 350 ~ 460 EFI ~ E4OD ~ BW1356 (Manual) ~ Manual Hubs ~ 35x12.5 r17

+ Reply to Thread