+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1988 bronco 4 door centurian - $2200 (south shore)

Member Dedicated

Default 1988 bronco 4 door centurian - $2200 (south shore)

Found this... Killer deal

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/4838760190.html

1988 ford bronco 4 dr, centurian odometer: 99000 paint color : red size : full-size type : SUV drive : 4wd fuel : gas transmission : automatic title status : clean cylinders : 8 cylinders

condition: good

I apologize for not being able to show the truck I was moving call back and I will make time to meet .The truck is a 1988 it has not been restored. this is a numbered vehicle its number 254 of 2200. The body is in very good shape. the rockers are rotted, still togather you can stand on them getting in, floors are not rotted. Rear floor is weak in spots, on the roof where the top joins is cracked(as they all do) but no leak. 351 engine not running do to sitting, needs to oil cylinders and turn by hand, needs new fuel, oil and battery. interrior-plain bench seats, not torn up but dirty. head liner falling(its just cloth) dash and panels all good no cracks. dana 60s frt and rear. 36 inch good year wranglers. this is a one ton. vehicle can not be worked on where it is has to be towed out. finished up and youll have an incredible truck this thing can pull a house. injection has been removed has a brand new holley. I am selling do to injury and new job Im not taking offers this is the price, its worth it. I will keep it and finish it at a later time if I dont sell. call 978-751-2098 bob thank you.
    Attached Images        

Senior Member Sucked In

Default Re: 1988 bronco 4 door centurian - $2200 (south shore)

this one looks solid?

Junior Member New User

I noticed this ad on Craigslist. I live nearby this truck. I want to buy it but I am wondering the chances of getting the engine to turn over. And how the compression will be if it does. Rebuilding an engine is new to me so I was hoping for tips.

Junior Member Rookie

This is my two cents based on the limited information we have. On the good side, the two axles are worth about what the man is asking for the whole truck. Sell all the other pieces too and you've got all your money back if everything goes sideways.

Re: the engine, if you can make it move by hand using a socket on the front crankshaft balancer bolt, even a little, then it's not seized up. Put a few tablespoons of oil down each spark plug hole, spin it over a full turn by hand, and then hit with the starter.

An important question is "why is it not running?" The man says the EFI has been replaced with a carb. With the limited info we have, I wouldn't be surprised if the two were directly related.

I think it is unlikely that the engine needs a rebuild, unless the man has made comments that it may actually need that sort of work, in which there is more information that we don't know about yet.

The up side is that if you like the truck, it is not a bad price regardless of its condition, but do make sure you actually know what that condition is before turning over any money. Best of luck to you!
    Chris

'86 F-350, 460, 4-speed, 4WD (I love this truck! ), Hydro-Boost, Redhead, Saginaw
    '96 F-350, 460, 5-speed, 4WD, all stock so far

Senior Member Sucked In

here in Ontario , 460 EFI engines are cheap! I tried to sell one that's in a 90 F350 4x4 running and I couldn't even get $300 for it, had an offer of 200 just for the injectors and fuel pump. my last 460 efi I had on the road was a 1996 F250 crewcab shortbed 2wd with a ZF5spd . 6-8mpg was a normal tank. even had 3.55 gears in it! that's closer to 5-7 miles per US gallon that's some scary fuel consumption!. when its diesel power 3 times that.....................

Junior Member New User

That era had the TFI ignition problems, the dual fuel pump issues. I can totally see the enticement for a carb swap.
    It is not that easy though, so what did he use for a fuel pump, or how did he get the distributor to spark without the ecm.
    So I agree. It will probably run just fine once the conversion is finished or reversed.

It was posted again at $1500

image 1
    image 2
    craigslist - Map data OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)

1988 ford bronco odometer: 99000 paint color : red size : full-size type : SUV drive : 4wd fuel : gas transmission : automatic title status : clean cylinders : 8 cylinders

condition: good

safety tips
    prohibited items
    product recalls
    avoiding scams

I am selling this truck for parts I will not be able to find the time to redue this vehicle. It is the one tone model with Dana 60s Body in great shape rockers and floors need alot. Tranny and transfer perfect. engine is not seized has been sitting for 4 yrs. have not tried to start it and not going to. If it doesnt seel as whole I will cut it up and part it our. Truck is huge and well worth putting back togather. I will not play games with lower offers, it will be worth alot more if I put the torches to it.

https://southcoast.craigslist.org/cto/5019856463.html

+ Reply to Thread