+ Reply to Thread

Thread: late 80's four door bronco c350 portland, or

Default late 80's four door bronco c350 portland, or

Saw it driving down I-5, couldnt get a picture of the front. I am 99% sure its a diesel(the plug in, in the front gave it away). I think its the one for sale here locallya portland fdb.jpg

Senior Member Sucked In sheepman's Avatar

Default Re: late 80's four door bronco c350 portland, or

I agree it looks like the one. even missing ss piece on drivers side
    1997 F350 Centurion Pacifica
    1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer
    2003 Cub Cadet 1517

My Photos

Tartaned Goši Dedicated IsaLandr's Avatar

That's the 1991 C350 we bought a week or two ago. Yep, it's a diesel, and yep it's got a block heater cord hanging out of the grille. Was a factory 7.3 IDI with auto but now it's a 7.3 Powerstroke with manual. The female silhouette stickers on the rear are a total giveaway. It's actually a pretty nice truck, or will be when the wiring part of the conversion is finished.

Now... Any ideas where we can get the missing trim pieces on the driver's side? As somebody noted, they're missing. I'd like to compleat the set. I don't even know what to ask for or where to look.

Of the many craigslist ad's I've seen of this one the previous owner put a lot of work into it, but the zf5 powerstroke swap, I wouldn't even attempt to fix it, but there is a shop down the street from my house that specializes in powerstrokes, heck when they diagnosed my low compression in my turbo idi they wanted to swap a early powerstroke in my truck ,but that's why I bought my idi turbo, only 1 wire is needed to make it run.
    The shop's name is nw powerstroke, it's located on hwy 99 in vancouver, I bet the owner would love to have that bronco in his shop.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Luft View Post
    Of the many craigslist ad's I've seen of this one the previous owner put a lot of work into it, but the zf5 powerstroke swap, I wouldn't even attempt to fix it, but there is a shop down the street from my house that specializes in powerstrokes, heck when they diagnosed my low compression in my turbo idi they wanted to swap a early powerstroke in my truck ,but that's why I bought my idi turbo, only 1 wire is needed to make it run.
    The shop's name is nw powerstroke, it's located on hwy 99 in vancouver, I bet the owner would love to have that bronco in his shop.

Yeah, and I bet he'd love to charge me way more than we paid for it, to work on it, too. There are a couple things that I need an experienced shop to take care of, but nothing that can't wait untill spring or summer.

We'd been watching this one come and go in the various ads for a couple years, when we first started looking for a Centurion. First came up for $18,000 with the original 7.3l IDI and E4OD in it, maybe three years ago. It has a lot of nifty extras and cool features, but I wasn't about to pay that. There's no denying that mechanically it's one of the nicer C350s out there, though.

Fortunately, the guy who did the swap really did put a lot of work into it, both before and after. Overall it was a decent job. There are a couple of issues that need to be addressed, such as the radiator needs to be dropped about an inch so we can get the hood closed all the way. A couple of missing pigtails from the wiring harness underneath for the transmission and transfer case. Some of the electrical of the original Centurion conversion that needs to be traced out and plugged into the Powerstroke harness. But nothing major.

This isn't a conversion I would have wanted to tackle myself, but now that it's already done, and once I understood what was done and why, I'm actually enjoying working on it and tracking down the minor remaining issues. I don't like the fact that everything under the hood is electronic, but it all seems to work and that's the important thing.

And, frankly, it's actually a really nice truck. The body is straight, solid, and almost entirely rust-free; the suspension is solid and compleat; it drives really nice, handles well, has good power and is fully funtional. We're really enjoying the truck.

Senior Member Committed Polarburg's Avatar

Glad to see your up and running . These trucks are really a pleasure to drive I love mine like most , let us know what kind of mileage your getting with that stick . My best to date is 19.8 with a couple mods done .

Quote Originally Posted by Polarburg View Post
    Glad to see your up and running . These trucks are really a pleasure to drive I love mine like most , let us know what kind of mileage your getting with that stick . My best to date is 19.8 with a couple mods done .
    Right now we're getting about 15.5 or 16mpg, best guess. Sometimes less. The speedo/odometer are not accurate, were not calibrated to the larger tires, and I don't yet know what the actual percentage differential is.

I cannot possibly express how much I love driving this truck. It's a dream. Because this one belongs to the missus, I'm going to have to get one for myself now.

What mods did you do? I'd like to quieten it down a bit, and get a bit more economy out of it, but other than that I don't really want too much done to it. Need to put in a new exhaust, too. What do you suggest/recommend?

Senior Member Committed Polarburg's Avatar

Basic mods removed air box and original filter and made a open filter setup , 3"round downpipe,eliminate cat, and superchips 3position tuner on second stage.35" BFg tires with 4.10 work out well. I've tried all combinations of speed/ settings driving to my camp were I know door to door mileage and 73-74mph at 23/2400rpm is my best results also believe in a good brand conditioner ceatane booster

+ Reply to Thread