+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just a couple questions

Junior Member Curious rock jeep's Avatar

Default Just a couple questions

I am going to try to make a deal on one of these trucks in the morning and have a couple questions.

Is the roof skin and headliner the same as a 4 door truck? I have read through a couple of these posts and that seems to be the case. This truck has a vinyl top and the roof is toast!!!

Did they stretch the 1/2 ton frames?? Is there any other issues that I need to look at?

Thanks.

Administrator Sucked In 4doorbronko's Avatar

Default Re: Just a couple questions

Most the 1/2 ton Centurion versions were based on an extended cab frame and Centurion left them alone, even though the wheel base was just a tad short.

Front half of the roof is from the donor 150, 250, 350 cab blended with the Bronco "hump".

No other conversion issues other than maybe wiring and that's not a super issue unless wiring isn't your "bag".

Rust issues in the A and B pillars and the door frame corners at the rear of the second set of doors.

Then the Ford rust issues in the rear quarters, drip rails and tailgate.
    William E. Shobel
    1941-2010

"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "

A list of the toys

Mi Wuk Village,CA. 88 F350 SD FDB. Worked over 460,5.13 gears 6" lift sitting on 35" BFG's

You should post up what ever info in this one before you go and make a deal on it. there is a good chance we have seen it before and might know the in and outs on it.

you got a link to the ad???
    I love this smiley
    Click for Mi Wuk Village, California Forecast

only info know is its a 2wd 150 Green with tan cloth and Has been in Pine Bluff AR all its life. I have seen it since I was as kid. The roof is junk but the rest of the body is not to bad. Hopefully I will end up with it for 300-400. I already located a 4door roof skin for it.

Junior Member New User

A crew cab skin and headliner are not the same. Close but they will still need modification.

Not a big deal but just don't be mislead and expect it to be a an easy afternoon project.

What did they use for a skin? Hand made? this one is rusted all the way to the drip rails. I was figuring on using more than just the skin on it cause Im sure the rust goes farther.

He is supposed to bring the title tomorrow and I suppose I will be the proud.......errr..... owner of a '93 C150 I think the CC roof will fit nice Prolly have to make a small panel where it meets up with the hump but It shouldnt be to hard. This one musta been a bottom of the line one. No leather,overhead console or TV like most of the pics I have seen.

Junior Member New User

No telling what you will find till you get in there.

If it is a stretched bronco the vinyl is covering some really ugly stuff.
    The red strip in the center is a section Centurion added. Weld seams both ends. The bronco horn looks great.

We were scoping out a Van roof for a centurion. It is large enough to cover the whole thing and reach down along the sides.

It is all fixable. If you skin it with anything and do some decent body work it will last a while.
    Then just keep up on it.

From the looks of it the width would work from the cc truck right? That would be my main concern

Junior Member New User

Yes the width from a CC truck will work fine. It is just not quite long enough to do it all the way back in one piece.

+ Reply to Thread