+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: E4OD rebuild

Junior Member New User

Default Re: E4OD rebuild

And reverse seems good , depending on computer

Junior Member New User

Well i jacked up the axle and i have all 4 speeds . i cannot figure out manual 1 . it idles ok and moves in man 1 , but stepping on the accelerator is like stepping on brakes . in drive it starts like that for a second when i shift from reverse to drive , then moves normally and goes through all the gears with solid shifts.

Junior Member New User

Unplugged solenoid pack has no effect with man 1 and has same problem

Junior Member New User

Sounds like you have a fluid leak internal someplace, trying to engage a second clutch pack while in Manual one.
    Could be a check valve, could be a valve body leak, or even a bad case.
    Gonna have to come apart again.
    sorry.

Junior Member New User

Well I took a pic of the check balls before and just checked pic. They seems right . Maybe a bad case.

Junior Member New User

Or a plate gasket leaking.

For me I hate taking someonelse's transmission core and going through it, you have no idea what was wrong with it. Seems like every time I end up finding a warped case or damaged beyond what should be used the person found it on craigslist and has no idea the history.

Junior Member New User

Well i just studied the solenoid operation and the 4r100/E4OD both need solenoid 1 engaged for manual 1 . My problem was solenoid 1 was not engaging in man1 when checked with a meter. However I was getting the .7 volts from the mlps in manual1position. I swapped the PCM out now Manual 1 works great. This tells me that an unplugged solenoid connector will not let the transmission work/ in manual like everyone thinks,ss1 needs 12 volt for man1 . unplugged , the solenoids are both off and is equivalent to man 2... So, in Manual one unplugged , this transmission will combine 1 and 2 clutches and drag.

. However, now I have weak reverse just like the problem with the 4r100 pcm plugged in. This also tells me i have an epc problem in reverse ..

Junior Member New User

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Or a plate gasket leaking.

For me I hate taking someonelse's transmission core and going through it, you have no idea what was wrong with it. Seems like every time I end up finding a warped case or damaged beyond what should be used the person found it on craigslist and has no idea the history.

I know what you mean. This was a jasper build at one time and almost all the valve body , pump , and pan bolts needed helicoiled . Even the shifter bracket bolts were helicoiled at one time . I did check the case with a flat edge though.

Junior Member New User

Great information!

Junior Member New User

Rebuilding a 1994 F150 E4od Trans. First timer. This forum has been most helpful in the on going process. I have been fighting with getting the Intermediate Cylinder snap ring to sit right. It just wouldn't compress enough to seat it. Broke it down to the forward clutch pack several times. I made a spring compressor similar to one posted earlier using a 2x4 and parts from a gear puller and 1x1 square tube. It seemed to be doing what it was intended for. Never did find what was hanging it up. Maybe it was just getting hung up on a side as its a tight fit. OR it was not getting the snap ring ends seated in a enclosed? groove. ITs late.

+ Reply to Thread