+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how much $$$$ HELP HELP

Member Excited

Default how much $$$$ HELP HELP

hey i am going to get my 1993 c-350 with 7.3 idi nonturbo tomarrow and am wondering how much sould it cost to have the roof redone. guy says its cracking but has never leeked. i am not a body man by any means. so what would a shop charge. also im in lafayette, la does anyone know of a shop that could do the work right with in a few hours. i can take it to houstun or dallas if needed.

Senior Member Sucked In nestevec's Avatar

Default Re: how much $$$$ HELP HELP

Did you buy the blue C350 out of Mississippi?

Member Excited

yep that is the one. is there anything i need to know.

Senior Member Sucked In sheepman's Avatar

Most body shops can fix it for you. If you haven't read threw the roof repair section for pointers and tips.

The best thing I could tell you is not to thick on the bondo.
    1997 F350 Centurion Pacifica
    1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer
    2003 Cub Cadet 1517

My Photos

Member Excited

i read alot of the repairs but i have not paid in full yet so trying to get a ball park on what it cost to have it done.

Senior Member Sucked In nestevec's Avatar

I was just curious, as I was looking at that one a while ago too.

Junior Member New User

It really depends on the shop. It could run upwards $1,500-$2k worst case.

If the shop wants to do a bunch of welding and so forth it will be that much. It will last the longest though.

If you just want it sealed I would imagine less than $1000. You will have to guide them though.

Just a water proof sealer like tiger hair or some other fiberglass filler as a base and then smooth it with body filler and paint will be the cheapest.

Work off of what they recommend then hack at it from there.

Member Excited

if there is better place to post this let me know or can u move it. if any one has questions about it i can probly answer them.

Ok i drove 7 hours round trip to look at truck that was discribed to me as runs good and is clean. what i discover was a turd. it needs roof repair asap. it was hit in rear and on drivers side rear quater with a crappy bondo repair on rear quarter. the rear was not repaired. the rear gate was rusted out at the bottom and needed replaced. the interior was ok at best however he did not have the rear seat and it was a 40 min drive to go get it. the headliner was saging and the backing board for it was cracked. it also had been repainted and was not a good paint job. the gutters where rusted and bubbling in several spots. he wanted $4000 for it. also it had 206,000 miles on the original engine and trans. i was pretty pissed when i got there because i had asked specific questions about these things which i was told half truths about. in the kids defense he was 17 and seemed pretty clueless to the situation. i offered him $2500 for it as it was expecting a conter offer just silence. so i am home with no centurion. if anyone is looking for a project this is a good one but not for what he wants for it has a 7.3 IDI non turbo with E4OD runns really good.

Senior Member Sucked In

You can get a lot better Centurion for less then $2,500.00. I bought mine from a guy in San Diego for $1,300 with some roof rust issues but not really that bad. The rest of the truck is completely solid and little to no rust other then the usual tailgate rust. Keep looking for a California truck. If it's located in LA, OC or San Diego I'd be happy to check it out for you as I'm always in those areas. Shipping a truck back maybe worth it in comparison to dealing with rusted out rigs.
    www.gofastbroncos.com

Member Excited

thanks ill keep that in mind.

Junior Member New User

Sorry. Those trips are always depressing.
    We will keep an eye out. If anyone else is looking at if I hope they let us know and we can pass it along.

Senior Member Sucked In 79lariat's Avatar

i had 3k in mine but that was total replacement
    1978 Ford Bronco Ranger XLT
    2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 crew LTZ

+ Reply to Thread