In the donor truck we bought to use under the '86 the radiator had a leak. Someone didn't set the fan clutch after putting the new water pump in and it came off the engine.
It fell and tore a couple tubes.
In our never ending desire to fix things our self at least once we decided to try this job.
Looking around in the internet there is little to no information on removing or replacing radiator tanks yourself at home.
We searched for special tools to do the job and came up empty handed.
Our first attempt we used ratchet straps to try and compress the tanks while we bent the tabs back and that didn't work out too well.
Next we were looking using a hydraulic press but that would not allow us room to work around the tanks.
We came up with this setup.
It is a couple 4x4s with some all thread and a chunk of rubber to help disperse the weight on the top.
After you get some pressure on it, go around and start bending tabs back.
Be careful not to pry on the tank itself, in this case we used a big screw driver and was able to apply the pressure against the wood.
The normal thought would be to straighten all of the tabs, but leave them slightly bent it helps to put them back into place.
We used a tig to repair it. Then we put it back together and pressure tested it. I will put up more pics later.
The 0-ring gasket tends to grow and doesn't want to fit back into the groove, so you may want new ones, we just cut it and allowed the ends to over lap and used a little silicone to hold them in place.
We used a hammer and a Vise grips to close the tabs back down.