PDA

View Full Version : $$$$ 1/4 Million Overhaul has begun $$$$

Bronco Biff
01-02-2020, 02:44 PM
Happy New Year y'all!!! With 2020, my '93 C350's 1/4 million overhaul has started. I had planned on doing this but had been enjoying daily driving the wheels off it and drove right past my starting goal. Unfortunately the tranny failed and made me give it a break!! I can't say it owes me a dime and it went a lot longer than I expected as I have put it to work towing a 28 ft enclosed race car trailer with living quarters and a '73 Bronco all over the east coast and thru some serious mountains.

porkchop
01-03-2020, 04:56 PM
A lot of work for an e4od keep us posted

Bronco Biff
01-05-2020, 11:08 AM
Yes a lot of work. A few years ago I was towing to Telico and took a route in Ashville that had my pulling up a 40% grade. The elbow on the upper radiator hose blew out and it got a little warm before I could get to a safe place to stop. I pulled the rest of the trip and changed the tranny fluid when I got home. It was smoked. The tranny pulled on for 40k more. The first rebuild was in Jan '02 at 111k. It past 260K now....thus the 1/4 million overhaul. Tranny is done and back in with a fresh pulling converter. I have a deep sump pan and temp sensor to add. Let's see what this one will do!! The motor is bone stock and uses a quart or two between 5K changes. Still runs great and doesn't leak much so I think I am going to let it ride and concentrate on much needed body and paint and interior with a few updates. I got a new cheap radio for Christmas!! Front heater core #4 was fogging up the windows last night so I am changing it today.

porkchop
01-13-2020, 09:48 PM
I've been so busy with school I haven't had much time to do anything with my truck, it needs some TLC. your inspiring me.

raxbel
04-14-2020, 01:59 AM
Interesting project you got there. Any update?