PDA

View Full Version : paint job, not a 4 door but same i am planning

lostSloth
12-12-2016, 08:55 AM
This is my neighbors 86 F-150. we are basically using it as a test bed for my bronco.

we painted the cab forward with dupli-color's Jet Black. I was hesitant to use it at first because I couldn't find anything about the finish. I didn't want to use it if it was going to be real glossy. but luckily it turned out more of a satin where we used primer. it was glossy where we painted over the original paint tho. We haven't done the clear coat yet(advance auto was out of it). going with a matte clear coat.

the whole cab and front clip was one quart. used a harbor freight paint gun with a dewalt 4 gallon air compressor. considering, I think it turned out pretty good, lol.

we are swapping his bed with the bed of the 96 donor I got, but having issues with those bed bolts spinning. donor is to far from the house for my extension cords to reach. was planning on either spot welding or cutting two flat edges so vise grips would stay on them.

thoughts and opinions??

lostSloth
12-12-2016, 08:57 AM
he wanted to black it out, so we used cheap primer black on the (rusted) chrome bumper and trimmings.