PDA

View Full Version : My "new" Pet

lostSloth
08-06-2015, 01:56 PM
I am very much enjoying being a 4DB owner. I do admit that I should have investigated my purchase more, but I don't regret it at all :)

There is a long list of things for me to repair/replace/modify, but I'm looking forward to it. Just to name a few:
fuel gauge - reads quarter tank (even when full) UNTIL I turn the key, then it's on E.
wheel bearings? - between 30 and 55 mpg and turning left (however slight), the steering shakes.
The roof - enough said there, lol.
Headliner
Rear window
Sound system - speakers and radio

But here is what I done so far. I removed the spare tire track and the mounts. Took a wire brush to the tailgate and primed/painted it. But it was just spray paint. Just for looks until I replace the tailgate, it's rusted through on the bottom.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w51/LostSloth/Mobile%20Uploads/20150806_110259_zpsjhl8umxo.jpg (http://s173.photobucket.com/user/LostSloth/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150806_110259_zpsjhl8umxo.jpg.html)

lostSloth
08-27-2015, 09:32 PM
I've decided the best thing to do next is replace the shocks. She's riding rough, lol. How do I know which to buy tho? There are no struts. Is def not a stock riding height. It doesn't have a body lift. Not exactly sure how to tell if it has suspension lift.

Do I just try to measure it? Like compress each shock with a jack by the tire and then jack the truck til tires are off the ground?
or remove the shocks and take measurements of the shocks?

4doorbronko
08-28-2015, 12:01 AM
Pretty tough to tell, but looks like factory ride height to me.
Factory height fits 35" tires with a little bumper rub.
Any parts house should have shocks to fit. Pull one and take it with you to check travel etc. just to be sure.

lostSloth
08-28-2015, 09:11 PM
thanks

lostSloth
08-30-2015, 04:35 PM
just took some height measurements. got 33" tires on it now. rear fender at 25" and just behind the front tire is at 23". my front shocks are 19" long from the center of the eye holes (still on the truck) and the rear shock are 22" long.

i assumed it was lifted a lil, but its probably factory. by measuring from the center of the hub it would fit 35's, just barely tho.

4doorbronko
08-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Yep, stock height will fit 35's with slight bumper rub on the front. Just have to shim out the bumper.

lostSloth
09-01-2015, 07:45 PM
i went to advanced auto for shocks yesterday. they didnt have mine in stock so they ordered them for me to pick up in the morning(today).
got there today and they put the shocks on the counter. only one of each(rear and front)....... the new guy at the counter and myself completely forgot about the qty. so now i have to wait till tomorrow to pick up the other half, hahaha. but good news is they fit :)

def plan on going to 35's eventually/soon.

idk whether to calibrate my speedometer and odometer now or wait till i swap to 35's. odometer is off by .2 of a mile... so it only reads .8 at a mile.

lostSloth
09-02-2015, 12:17 PM
got my driver side shocks today, hahaha. installed but have not test drove. decided to change the oil and while i was warming the engine oil, i sprung a leak on the radiator :glare: luckily its just a port that was capped off and the rubber cap has dry rotted.