PDA

View Full Version : 1995 c350 bronco centurion 90% complete

frenchfry1
02-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Purchased a very clean 95 four door about 3 months ago and have been in the process of a mild build. It is 90% complete now. All that is left to do is reupholster captains chairs and repair sagging headliner ( in shop now), and do a very minor repair on the mid-roof area on exterior. This is a real beauty guys ! Did a 4 inch RCX lift with 315x70x17 Hankook tires and Fuel Krank wheels. A ton of money has been spent. A lot of mechanical items have been replaced ! Reluctantly I am gonna have to sell it when its done. Keep your eye out for this rig. I am offering it for sale on this site first before I go mainstream Ebay, craigslist, etc. listings. Beautiful Black & silver color

armyfox26
02-12-2014, 12:48 PM
I will be looking forward to pictures. Already looking for my second centurion bronco. Post pictures when you can. Most of us on this site will even enjoy the progress more so than others as well.

neicoscaglione
02-12-2014, 03:18 PM
im currently in the market so i cant wait to see it im a salesman at a ford dealership and cant wait to see the mechanice and my managers see me roll up in a four door bronco its just a matter of time.

frenchfry1
02-12-2014, 03:53 PM
This is the before picture of my rig .

kto17
02-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Is the that the one from eBay that was in the Carolina's as a repo from Atlanta? If so it was serviced at my local dealer for a few years. I pulled an Autocheck on that one.

frenchfry1
02-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Yes I believe it is the same one. Spent its life in Ga. and I bought it from a dealer in NC

neicoscaglione
02-13-2014, 07:43 AM
where in pa are you located because im in the langhorn bristol area and id love to see it do you more pictures

frenchfry1
02-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Lancaster county

neicoscaglione
02-13-2014, 06:18 PM
not bad a little less than 2 hours let me know when its done iv driven farther to look at them but they were all rust buckets

frenchfry1
02-14-2014, 11:43 PM
I will let you know. Probably be a couple of weeks yet. I will post it under the for sale column and give a detailed description of all the work done to it.

neicoscaglione
02-15-2014, 07:28 AM
thats cool and jw what engine is in it if you dont mind me asking

frenchfry1
02-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Has the 460 . I had local Exhaust shop install 3" stainless steel dual pipe with magnaflow x-pipe, flowmasters and 4" SS tips . Sounds awesome, looks awesome! Was looking for a PSD 4-door but gave of looking after I saw this one. At a dollar a gallon difference in price of fuel can't see much of an advantage anymore.

kto17
02-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Looked like a fairly nice one to start with. Can't wait to see some after pictures!

neicoscaglione
02-15-2014, 10:28 PM
dam im in hahah 460 big pure power right there like i said i dont live to far about an hour and half so give me shout with a price and some pics when your ready and ill see what i can do, i sure hope i can get my hands on it

neicoscaglione
02-22-2014, 08:16 AM
how long till you think its done if you dont mind me asking

frenchfry1
02-23-2014, 10:31 PM
how long till you think its done if you dont mind me asking
Getting the roof repaired next week. Very minor job. previous owner did a rhino liner type repair. so cleaning that up and doing it again. Roof is 95% + in great shape but I am anal when it comes to my vehicles. Gotta be 100 % or it isn't on the road

WillsIH
03-19-2014, 01:48 AM
Got any update for us?

frenchfry1
03-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Had a small hiccup. After I left the upholstery shop I stopped to fuel up. First time I had to fill it since I bought the rig. We'll... Discovered the hard way that the filler hose was dry rotted and she was spilling fuel at the end of the fill up. Back to repair shop and they had a hard time locating a new one. Finally after 2 weeks the filler hose is repaired. It actually only went into the shop for the roof repair this past Friday. I posted it was in shop for roof repair prematurely. I posted that as I going out the door to pickup from repair shop, fuel up and deliver to body shop for the roof. Never made it that day. Not happy with the whole timing issue. Hopefully in another couple of weeks I can post that it is available. Keep checking guys

frenchfry1
03-24-2014, 10:19 PM
Interestingly, I noticed a 4 door was sold on eBay very recently. Black diesel that went for over $ 15,000 dollars ! Although mine has the 460 motor mine is in better shape than that one. Even the guy at the body shop commented that mine is in great shape. Said you just don't see them around and to have one this nice is very rare. When I told him I'm gonna be selling it when he's done with it he said I'd be a fool to get rid of it. Maybe he's right. Hmmmm

neicoscaglione
03-25-2014, 11:14 AM
well i talked to him and he had about 14k done in engine and transmission work alone not to mention the interior the lift the tires rims and everything else so the engine and trans alone with the work done to the powerstroke was worth it sad to say cant really compare a 460 to a 7.3. don't get me wrong the 460 is a monster in all its own rights but that truck was worked from injectors to to a high performance transmission but i still love your truck and am waiting reluctantly for your post. just making sure there are no miss conceptions thinking that was just a clean powerstroke centurion it wasnt.

frenchfry1
04-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Wow ! My c350 is finally done ! Just got it back from getting the infamous roof repair done. ( $ 1800 ) This is one awesome looking centurion guys. I think one of the better anywhere. Got a lot to do today so I will just post a picture for now and do full blown description of everything that has been done to it. It is basicly a new truck. Only thing I didn't do was motor and trans. which didn't need anything so why rebuild something that isn't needed ? You judge for yourself and if you are interested let me know and I can send more pics to you. LMK what you all think of it, thanks , Dale

natterre
04-24-2014, 12:17 PM
That is really nice looking. Did you have the color changed after the to of repair? I also love the tire on the back. Did you pull that mechanism off a donor bronco?

neicoscaglione
04-24-2014, 01:01 PM
im very interested im still here and still in the market so send me some pictures and info

frenchfry1
04-24-2014, 06:50 PM
Here are a couple more pics

frenchfry1
04-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Couple more pics. I will add detailed description tomorrow night. I'm done with the computer for the night, thanks

SFC11B4
04-25-2014, 06:21 PM
Very nice.

Bronco4x4Door
04-26-2014, 08:34 PM
I just joined and found this thread on your 1995 c350 Bronco ... beautiful. I [too] am interested in the purchase ... I know you just finished the build and are a proud father', as well you should be. Please connect with me when you have the chance and let me know what the approximate price will be when you are ready. Thanks, and great pictures!

Polarburg
04-26-2014, 10:49 PM
Looks nice ! Black always looks sharp, lol. Price??? The suspense is killing me :bigrin:

Bronco4x4Door
04-29-2014, 12:18 AM
Guess we won't be hearing back from him on the price ... probably still working the calculator, adding it all up, then
dividing by how much he wants it vs how much we want it ... and then subtracting the difference.
So far it seems like just a zero sum gain. :doh0715:

BigOldBlueC350
04-29-2014, 08:15 AM
is that a stock bronco spare tire carrier ?

Polarburg
04-29-2014, 08:53 AM
If you add up just what was done to it , lift, tires, interior,roof repair , and the cost of the truck , i don't see any profit . I don't understand why he Just didn't flip it when he got it. Seems like he didn't plan on keeping it from day one.

neicoscaglione
04-30-2014, 10:07 AM
i want it simple enough

armyfox26
04-30-2014, 12:12 PM
The thing looks beautiful. I need to do the same thing with my exhaust ends. Mine come straight out the back and when the back window is down.....OMgosh the smell is horrible lol.

Polarburg
04-30-2014, 07:50 PM
Does that have wheel spacers on rear ? They look like they stick out nicely ,the wheel doesn't look like it has that much back spacing to stick out that far.

frenchfry1
05-01-2014, 04:41 PM
ok. Sorry guys for the delay. Contrary to what a couple of psychics have professed to know what I was thinking I did in fact intend to keep this truck after I fixed it up. But as most plans go they have changed only because I have found a restored Jeep CJ5 renegade that I want to buy and the wife won't allow 2 toys ! Details as follows :

A ton of money has been spent and I believe this is one of the better condition 4 door broncos out there now. Who knows ? Any way you can decide for yourself.

All fluids have been replaced with Schaeffer Synthetics. New rear view mirror, New fuel gauge sending unit, LF and RF outer tie rod ends, front brake pads, front brake rotors, complete upper and lower ball joints, L rear brake adjustor cable and brake kit. New drive belts, New alternator, new starter, new Duracell pro battery, flushed transmission installed new filter kit and new trans fluid, new transfer case seal, new rear driveshaft, new u-joint, rear output seal, Complete tuneup, K&N cold air kit, fuel filter, distributor cap, distributor rotor, spark plugs, crank case breather element, new wire set, cooling system flush and refill. new front bumper, new grill assembly, LF and RF headlight doors , molding.
Then the truck was taken to OFF ROAD CENTRAL and they installed new 4 Inch RCX lift, 5 Hankook atm 315x70x17 tires, 5 Fuel Krank 17x9 wheels , 2 inch spacers, Ford steering stabilizer
truck went to body shop then and had the infamous roof repair done and several paintless dent removal spots were done. Had the rear inner wheel well repaired as well.
Truck was also taken to auto Upholstery shop and I had the front captains chairs redone while still retaining the original Centurion logos., arm rests were redone and the headliner.
Finally I sent the truck to RED RUN EXHAUST and had 3 inch Stainless pipe , Magnaflow x-pipe, and Flowmaster mufflers installed topped off with 4 inch stainless tips.

As I mentioned this was a high dollar professional no expense sparred project. Not a backyard buddy build. When I do something its done to the extreme or not done at all. I have all receipts for every dollar spent. Serious buyers can email me for more pics, questions, receipt documentation, etc. I am going to aggressively advertise this for sale on Ebay and other national sources sunday or Monday. I promised to offer it here first. Don't won't to play games but really don't have an etched price in stone so I'm gonna open it up on here to offers and if it doesn't sell by sunday night or Monday I will list it on ebay Monday evening. Thanks for the prior compliments

frenchfry1
05-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Forgot to mention that the swing arm spare tire carrier was on the truck when I bought it. I did have it repainted when the roof repair was done, I also installed new windshield wiper arms on it as they were rusted. I was going to show the truck that is why I went to some extremes even on minor items such as that. Only thing really left to do for me would be to replace the side view mirrors. Inside the mounting brackets are slightly rusted. and the running board on the driver side on the non-slip rubber footstep area has a small piece missing.

frenchfry1
05-01-2014, 05:02 PM
To clarify one item. It is dual exhaust. Only serious buyers email me at lmlef@ptd.net

frenchfry1
05-02-2014, 05:57 AM
less than 50 miles on the truck since all the work was done

neicoscaglione
05-02-2014, 07:25 AM
sounds perfect

Polarburg
05-08-2014, 05:22 AM
I see this is on eBay now, no members here could get a price out of him ?

neicoscaglione
05-08-2014, 07:12 AM
mid teens dude just give him a call only reason im not driving it right now is that work is slow right now at the dealership so till it picks back up in a few weeks i cant jump into anything dam i really wish i had the cash.

Polarburg
05-08-2014, 08:09 AM
mid teens dude just give him a call only reason im not driving it right now is that work is slow right now at the dealership so till it picks back up in a few weeks i cant jump into anything dam i really wish i had the cash.

I don't need a second one , just like to see where the sale prices are on these trucks . Nice to know what mine is worth . Just in case I decide to sell .

natterre
05-08-2014, 08:31 AM
I agree. I would have also liked to see a sale price. I checked it out on eBay, and there is a reserve price. I don't blame him for setting a reserve price but I wish I knee what it was.

neicoscaglione
05-08-2014, 04:28 PM
well his only worth that because he basically remade the truck from top to bottom so if thats what you did then ya if not then it would be less common sense haha

kto17
05-09-2014, 06:52 AM
Personally I don't think it's worth even 10k. What you can see looks real good in the pictures, but its still a gasser with high miles. If it was a frame off or the motor, trans, and axles were rebuilt then I could see the price in the teens or higher.

I considered buying this one before he bought it and would encourage and prospective buyers to check our forum for that ad and pictures to see the before. I hope it does fetch good money because it means I've undervalued mine.

neicoscaglione
05-09-2014, 03:04 PM
exactly and like i said earlier the price hes trying to get is the same as one with the same exterior work but had a powerstroke that was fully rebuilt and tuned for crazy power with all stage 1 and stage 2 parts on it and even more on the exterior so he is off because the 460 is agreat motor but its no diesel

Polarburg
05-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Well 1day left and I know I'm not the only one watching this one . It's a great looking truck with a ton of work done and I'm a little surprised it not up another grand or more . My feeling is the seller won't get to his reserve and it won't sell , but you never know . For the sake of conversation , what's everyone guess were the bids end at? I'm gonna say $12,100

frenchfry1
05-15-2014, 05:01 PM
My reserve was $10,000 I had one guy contact me prior to listing it on EBay. I wanted $12,000 prior to auction listing. Decided to try the auction format and see where it goes. A little surprised by some comments. I figured this was a site of brothers into four door broncos didn't' expect the negativity directed at my rig. It's not a frame off trailer queen but a great driver quality truck that would get lots of attention at a local car show. I would still stand by my comment that it is one of the nicer ones out there. Better than 95% of them that are left out there.

frenchfry1
05-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Auction is over and the new owner stopped by my house 1 hour before the auction ended to check it out. We went for a test drive and he was blown away. He has been looking for one for 5 years and he said it was even better than he expected it to be. He looked over all my receipts and was amazed that I even had the original dealer owners manuals down to the key ticket. What was very satisfying to me was his comment that the truck looked even better in person than the pictures showed ! He bid the truck up to where it was untouchable and we shook hands on $12,500 and handed me a big down payment ( cash ) . His father in law came along to check it out with him and he owns a car resto business in quakertown and he said there is really nothing left to be done to it. He recommended the kid buy it. Think they are going to put a new crate motor in it. He picks truck up Thursday. So it stays in pa.

armyfox26
05-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Great. Glad someone will be owning and taking care of the vehicle. Hopefully they eventually end up on the form. Gratz!

Polarburg
05-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Congrats on the sale sounds like the buyer got a great deal on a beauty of a truck ,:flag:

bob_95_psd
05-17-2014, 06:37 AM
Congrats on the sale. It's got to be hard to see it go after all the time and money you put in it.

Please be sure an tell the new owner about our site.

Bob

kto17
05-17-2014, 06:48 AM
I'm sorry if my post offended you. I was simply stating my opinion on price due to the facts and the history we have seen in the last couple years. Prices have not been strong and even decent powerstrokes haven't been fetching that much. That being said congrats on the sale! I'm happy because my truck is worth more than I thought and the work I have planned won't bury me in it.

SFC11B4
05-18-2014, 11:48 AM
$12,500....hmmm, I wonder what my '92 C350 with original everything and on 55,xxx original miles is worth????

BigOldBlueC350
05-19-2014, 07:24 AM
I'm sorry if my post offended you. I was simply stating my opinion on price due to the facts and the history we have seen in the last couple years. Prices have not been strong and even decent powerstrokes haven't been fetching that much. That being said congrats on the sale! I'm happy because my truck is worth more than I thought and the work I have planned won't bury me in it.

Thats only bc the very good once, w. the corresponding price tag ( like mine ) never make to the open forum !!

Bronco4x4Door
05-21-2014, 07:44 PM
Just to add my two cents to this thread, and it probably won't be seen by anyone at this point, but I did email the seller (as he requested) well before he listed it on ebay and he didn't get back with me at all, no email and no reply within the forum. Frankly, I guess he didn't like one of my lighthearted posts wondering about why we hadn't heard from him on the price he was asking. He never did post his price for the forum. If the machine was as represented I would have paid him more than the 12.5K he settled on. Hell, I recently spent almost 10K under my 95 in new DANA 60's, ARB Air Lockers, 4:11 gearing, beefed up the tranny, new 3/4 Ton leafs, Air Ride all around, etc. etc. etc. I bought it new in 95 for almost 50K! Anyway, I really lost interest and didn't even care about doing the deal when he referred to me as one of the "Physic's" who must "know what he is doing" or whatever. I thought he joined to share his proud "creation" and offer it for sale "here first" ... and I joined up with some enthusiasm ... Oh Well. Anybody out there in the forum who wants to sell just let me know and lets discuss. Thanks and all you regular guys out there on the forum are great.

frenchfry1
05-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Just as a matter of record. I received 1 email requesting more information that I responded to in a timely manner. The last poster claims to have sent me an email. I didn't get it, I suppose it's still drifting in cyberspace somewhere. And IMO him suggesting he would have paid more for my bronco is laughable. Everyone has a fat wallet and a blank check until it comes time to pay the piper. I never posted a price on this open forum because I figured anyone serious about it would contact me and then that information would be provided. I just didn't want to deal with tire kickers. I really felt my best option was eBay anyway. I have sold numerous vehicles there in the past with better $$$$$ than I expected prior to the auction. It was kind of odd how my bronco was received on this site after I finished it. I suppose there is some truth in the previous posters thoughts that I was somewhat disappointed by some comments posted here. I expected it to be a star not a suspect. Oh well, on to where I'm more comfortable. Cj5 renegade or scrambler is next my next toy.