PDA

View Full Version : It's ALIVE!!!!

nc77089
02-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Yay! I have got my 84' Cabriolet running finally. It will now start every time, we changed out the glow plug relay and controller. Found the cable to the block heater starts with no hesitation in the cold. Got new front tires on in the next few days I will be taking care of the rear duals, they are all dry rotted. According to the tire shop the manufacture date code for those old tires was 1988. I do have a question about the banks turbo on it. I get almost no boost reading on the gauge and when i do its only at 55mph at 2psi. Do these vehicles have really slow acceleration times or whats wrong with the turbo?

Traveler
02-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Low boost can be caused by a lot of things.
Plugged air filter, dirty fuel filters.
Those are the easy places to start.
Make sure the line running to the gauge doesn't leak.

You should see about 7psi boost when working the engine hard. Those turbo kits didn't give much more than that, but that was enough.

It could also be a sign of a weak injector pump as well. If everything checks out you need to turn the fuel supply up, inside the pump, to get more boost and it will wake the truck up.

nc77089
04-17-2013, 10:03 PM
as of now i have figured out how to turn the marker lights and additional lights on. The speedometer is now working, turns out that my Cabriolet had the full interior redone in 1998. The gauges where replaced with a digital dash from Dakota Digital (still working on getting the fuel,tach and odometer to work). Replaced the CB with my newer Cobra 29 Night Watch, old CB turns on but is missing its 4 pin mic. Filled the gaps between the windows and the rubber with fresh rubber.

Dman
04-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Feels good when you start seeing progress doesn't it. :)