PDA

View Full Version : 1986 CENTURION CLASSIC 2000

Audra
04-10-2006, 02:00 AM
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Year:</span></span>
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Current Model:</span></span>
CENTURION CLASSIC 2000

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Came From Factory as:</span></span>
#3 ENTER DATA (e.g. F350 Crewcab)#

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Vin:</span></span>
#4 ENTER DATA#

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Vehicle history that I know:</span></span>
Topic: one interesting version but it just looks wrong
aw2oban Offline

Posted: June 14 2003,00:02
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....9372033 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6783&item=2419372033)

am i wrong??

looks like they bolted a shell on it&#33;&#33;

Posted: June 14 2003,06:30
I think we saw the same one but your link isnt working

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....ry=6783

man that looks goofy

bob Offline

Posted: June 14 2003,10:10
no roof seams how many horns can you find

--------------
Bob

aw2oban Offline

Yep thats the same one sorry about the link&#33;&#33;

4doorbronko Offline

Posted: June 14 2003,14:52
Thank God this is not the version Centurion decided to run with&#33;&#33;&#33; The word "fugly" comes to mind. http://www.fourdoorbronco.com/temp/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

bob Offline
enople
Posted: June 21 2003,18:10
this could be a priceless prototype what are you guys wating for?

--------------
Bob

4doorbronko Offline

Posted: June 22 2003,02:38
Never buy anything that still has the previous owners dirty sox still in it. http://www.fourdoorbronco.com/temp/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

hojhauler Offline

Posted: June 22 2003,07:50
I am glad you are clarifying that thing as a sock...I was already thinking don&#39;t ever buy anything with some unexplained, phalic shaped (sp?), dirty thing in the back of it...a sock, yeah, that is what it is???

KROMETOES Offline

Posted: June 25 2003,00:21
BY WAY OF INTRODUCTION, MY NAME IS TONY, AKA KROMETOES, I AM NEW TO THIS CLUB. YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE ARE MAKING FUN OF MY FINE INVESTMENT FOUND AT: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2419372033&category=6783

HEY&#33; DONT&#39; MAKE FUN OF MY NEW TOY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I WILL KEEP THE SOCK (?) IN IT&#39;S CURRENT STATE UNMOLESTED (AT LEAST BY ME) IN A PLASTIC TUPPERWARE CONTAINER, TO BE OPENED IN A YET UNDETERMINED TIME AFTER RESTORATION OR PARTING OUT...
PERHAPS YOU WILL SOMEDAY SEE ME, THIS BEAUTIFUL UGLY DUCKLING, AND THE SOCK AT A 4-DOOR BRONCO MEET&#33;
THEN AGAIN, YOU MIGHT JUST END UP SEEING IT LISTED AGAIN ON EBAY AFTER I PLAY WITH IT A BIT.
I AM REALLY INTO THE DIESEL FORDS - HAVE OWNED FOUR F-350 CREWCAB DUALLYS AND ONE E-350 HIGH TOP DIESEL VAN. I HAVE BEEN TOYING AROUND WITH THE THOUGHT OF GETTING A BRONCO CENTURION FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS. I JUST SOLD A 1984 FORD F-350 DUALLY CENTURION (NON BRONCO) CONVERSION. IS THIS A NORMAL PROGRESSION OR AM I SOMEHOW AFFLICTED WITH AN UNAMED FORD DISORDER? PLEASE HELP - DONATIONS FOR MENTAL HELP MAY BE MADE VIA CARE OF MY MENTAL HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER. PLEASE SEND PARTS, CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS (NO SOCKS) TO:

IN THE MEANTIME, I WILL KEEP YOU ALL UP TO DATE ON THIS PROGRESSION OF MADNESS - GOING TO PICK IT UP ON MONDAY. I AM SURE THAT ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW...

Attached Image
Attached Image

4doorbronko Offline

Posted: June 25 2003,00:39
Burn "the sock"&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; http://www.fourdoorbronco.com/temp/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif http://www.fourdoorbronco.com/temp/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif
Make sure and keep us updated on the rig, this is definately a one of a kind.

Mr. Fix-It

Posted: June 25 2003,08:52
Sorry guys I think that thing is cool. It is definetly not standard Bronco parts on the rear, but I love that body style.
Did you really get that for &#036;800. That is a bargin.
A diamond in the rough.
I bet it is sharp when he gets done with it.

aw2oban Offline

Posted: June 25 2003,10:07
REGARDLESS OF ITS CONDITION TO THE RIGHT PERSON IT IS CERTAINLY WORTH MORE THAN ANY OF OURS&#33; After all how many have we seen?

KROMETOES Offline

Posted: July 04 2003,20:01
WHEEEEE&#33; ?GOT IT&#33;
It is beautiful&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
I havn&#39;t touched the sock yet, will try to document that delicate procedure...

I used my 1988 Dodge Prison Van to go down and get it, the old 360 in that thing really had to grunt to bring the thing back home, especially with some of the mild mountains I went through in Penn. ?Funny thing - I kept track of my mileage and fuel consumption of the dodge - it took right at 40 gallons to get there and right at 40 gallons to get back with no decrease in mpg with the Centurion - and that thing must weigh in at about 7,000 pounds. ?I pulled a 20&#39; double axle flatbed that I put the Centurion on.
The fiberlass top is full length and is raised a bit for additional head room (good for cowboy hats&#33;). ?No Seam problem leakage here&#33;
The engine is brand new as advertised, however it was partially installed in 1996 when the gentleman who owned it passed away and moisture has gotten into it - it is now locked. ?I will be getting some "kroil" to put into the engine and let sit for a couple of weeks before pulling it down to loosen it up. ?Any of you all ever use that stuff? ?I have had good luck with it in the past with vehicles that have not been run in a long time.
I will have to pull the engine and tear it down, polish the bearing surfaces or replace, and either hone the cylinders or bore them if they are really bad. ?Hopefully I can reuse the major components. ?This is going to be a blast&#33;&#33;&#33;
The body and interior of this Centurion is in perfect condition except for the front windshield. ?The top cap has a vent in it in the middle aft and the woodwork inside is unreal. ?There is a wierd box in the front on the floorboard right in the middle - looks more like something out of a yacht - that has a compus, radio booster, trans. temp guage and a bunch more stuff switches and so forth in it. ?There are aluminum Western Mag wheels on it and the tires are in pretty good condition for 1996, good tread depth and not weather checked like you would think. ?I think it was stored out of the sun in shade of trees or something. ?

There was a sales flyer in the glove box that identifies this 1986 truck as being the "CENTURION CLASSIC 2000". ?I don&#39;t have a scanner, will try to get it scanned and posted. VIN numbers and other identification markings indicate that this started out as a F-350. ?The Engine hood scoop states "460HP". ? The second set of doors are larger than regular crew cab rear doors, it seems - with the regular glass and a small glass that looks like a side vent except it doesn&#39;t open. ?I am pissed that there are not power windows but I can add those in.
Manufacture ident on this flyer is:
Centurion-Lehman, Inc P.O. Box 715 ?White Pigeon, Michigan 49099 ?616-483-9691

Traveler Offline

Posted: July 04 2003,20:16
I figured you were gonna say the wierd looking box contained the other sock.
Like a time capsul or something.

I have freed up a locked motor before. the way I did was, pulled all the plugs, oil plug, and filter. I squirted WD-40 in the spark plug holes everyday for a week. The second week I started squirting motor oil in them.
I refilled the motor with fresh oil, pulled the distributor and primed the engine, for about 30 minutes.
With the plugs still out I hit the starter, it rolled right over.
I then cranked it a few times to pump the oil out of the cylinders, put new plugs in, and it popped off and has been running ever since.

Good luck, I doubt that 460 can be hurt too bad.

If NASA calls and wants their moonbuggy back will you sell it to them??

KROMETOES Offline

Posted: July 05 2003,13:05
Yeah, I have used the WD-40, it&#39;s good stuff&#33; ?The Kroil that I was talking about is hard to get, have to order it and have it shipped in. ?It really does the job though, it "creeps" up metal and gets into every nook and cranny. ?I highly suggest it for frozen motors. ?Once you get them unlocked, you need to make sure that you let it turn over without the spark plugs like you said to prevent Hydraulic impact which could bust a piston.

When I drained the crankcase this morning, there was about a half gallon of clear water on the bottom underneith the oil. ?It was clear enough to almost drink, but then the oil started coming out. ?The oil that was floating on top of the water was new and fresh. ?I am going to do a pressure test of the cooling system to make sure that it is not a crack in the block. ?I don&#39;t think it is cracked because the water in the radiater has antifreeze in it and the water in the crankcase was clear. ?I have no idea how that much water could have gotten into the oil pan, I am orginally from South Dakota and it is really dry out there - you don&#39;t get condensation or wetness problems there so it is something new for me. ?The body has absolutely no rust on it so that kind of blows the condensation theory out. ?Unless somebody poured water into the engine I really have no clue how it got in there - the edelbrook carberator is brand new too with an air filter on it - there is major oxidation on it and in the throat also. ?Maybe things are just that damp in ?New Jersey?

Anyway, I dumped about a gallon and a half of diesel fuel into the crankcase for now, it will absorb any moisture that is left in there. ?In a week or so whenever the Kroil is delivered, I will drain the diesel and put the kroil in. ?I will put WD-40 into spark plug holes until then also.

I once bought a 35&#39; Crown Coach that had been sitting for about fifteen years after a fire. ?It had a Cummins 220 engine that was in the middle, laying down between the frame. ?I douched it up with the Kroil, and about four months later, I started it and drove it from Virginia to South Dakota, about 1800 miles away. ?It threw a rod in the Missouri River Valley and I ended up selling it for scrap. ?I believe that if I would have torn that engine down and cleaned up the bearing surfaces and cylinders, it would have run forever&#33; ?Wish I would have done that... ?Anyway, it was a learning lession, I plan on keeping this Centurion so this engine gets torn down. ?

Does anybody know why the engine hood scoops would say "460HP SuperDuty"? ?I don&#39;t see a 460HP option for the 460 cuin engine in any of my literature. ?I know you can stroke the 460&#39;s and play with them but out of the factory I thought they only did about 300 horses, maybe 380 at the most for the older police intercepter engines.

Man, I am so glad that this site exists - there is so little information on the Centurions&#33; ?I have lurked on and off for the past year and a half doing searches on the Centurion, since I first saw one, and this site is new to me. ?I have been over to the one on Yahoo and tried doing a link there to the Ebay site, messing it up twice until I found that link shortcut thing. ?I have only seen one other picture of this particular model of the Centurion - they were making fun of it too&#33; ?It is a poor picture but at least there is one other one in the world that I know of&#33;

Dang, it&#39;s hot today&#33; ?Time for a glass of lemonaid or something... ?

Happy Fourth of July weekend to everybody here&#33;

Posted: July 09 2003,22:33
Is that back cap really fiberglass?...doesn&#39;t look it in the picture. Looks like Centurian tried to ad the end style of a Bronco II with the way the back glass curves up. Anyway congrats on the purchase. http://www.fourdoorbronco.com/temp/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif

KROMETOES Offline

Posted: July 10 2003,15:15
Yes, the top goes the entire length of the truck roof, and it is all fiberglass. ?

The Kroil isn&#39;t in yet, but I started in on it a bit today. ?I pulled the spark plugs, four look brand new, two are wet and two have some surface rust on them. ?I sprayed a liberal amount of the WD-40 into the cylinders for now. ?

I pulled the carb - an edelbrock 1411 750cfm performer series with automatic choke - corroded in the throat with the butterflys corroded shut. ?It also has an edelbrock performer intake. ?I went to the edelbrock site and they have a 469HP ford 460 set up that has similar components. ?Maybe this truck had something like that new from the Centurion conversion and that is why the 460HP is on the hood scoop? ?

Anybody have information or installed this set up - the Edelbrock Performer RPM Power Package for the Ford 460? ?It is found at this site:

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/7166pp.html

We can rebuild her, we can make her better than new... ?I am even more excited about pulling the engine down now and seeing what kind of goodies are in it. ?I am thinking that it had the whole mess - cam, oversize pistons etc. ?I think I can save most of it, the spark plugs with the rust on them only had surface rust - not really pitted yet. ?Fingers are crossed... ?

I am going to a sweat this weekend but next weekend I will pull the heads. ?I can&#39;t remember if I can pull the oil pan with the engine in the truck on an 86 F-350, anybody know right off? ?Looks like tight clearance with the front cross member. ?I could possibly do this with the block in the truck - if I can get the oil pan off and the pistons out I can try a good honing on it and see if that cleans it up.
In the meantime, color me excited&#33;
n
KROMETOES Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2003,23:12
Ah, just got back from Sturgis, South Dakota. I go every year for bike week... The hills are alive with the sound of...

HARLEYS

Anyway, I rode my electraglide out there and piddled about in the hills here and there, riding riding riding. Oops, I bought another bike&#33; Damn, how will I get it home? Hm, farm trucks are a good deal, usually run pretty good but the bodies are somewhat ugly. Found me a 86 extended cab with a good 6.9 diesel in it. Sounds like I can kill two rocks with one bird here - get my motorcycles back home to Virginia and have a good diesel donor truck for my Centurion&#33;&#33;&#33; Done deal, and it rode home well - 85 mph all the way home ac blasting cold, cruise working with no problems. Only defect besides the dents is the drivers side power window has a piece of duct tape on it to help it up. I will fix that when I pull the power window mechinisms out to transfer into the non-power windowed centurion...
Now to figure out what to do with the leftovers. Put the brand new 460 into the extended? Sell it all piecemeal on Ebay? Guess I better get wrenching and it will all figure itself out later...

bob Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2004,14:59
Hey Krometoes,any up dates on your centurion?

--------------
Bob

Posted: Feb. 25 2004,23:16
Hi Bob,

Havn&#39;t been online in a bit, been doing some other things lately. Also haven&#39;t really been able to devote much time to the moon buggy...

I didn&#39;t know what to do with the remains of the extended cab donor, so I started taking it apart and selling it piece by piece on Ebay. Very successful, made over twice my money back&#33;&#33;&#33; Also sold those ugly horns that were under the hood on the Centurion and got thirty bucks plus shipping&#33; Thank you Ebay&#33;

I havent installed the engine yet, just in the middle of doing the reflectorized aluminum heat/sound barrier on the firewall and the innner fender wheel wells. Still have to pull the old wireing harness out and put the new one in for the diesel glow plug, idiot lights and the power windows.

I don&#39;t have a decent garage to work in, so am on the look out for warm days which are not very many of lately. Virginia is better than South Dakota in this regard but still..

Anyway, the Moon Buggy is tarped and waiting for a warm spring. The engine is pickled and ready, the parts are all painted and it is still exciting to see by moonlight...

Ride safe&#33;

<u><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>DRIVETRAIN
Engine:</span></span></u>
#6 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Transmission:</span></span>
#7 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Transfercase:</span></span>
#8 ENTER DATA(model electronic, or manual)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Rear end:</span></span>
#9 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Rear end Ratio:</span></span>
#10 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Front Axle:</span></span>
#10.5 ENTER DATA# (model number or 2 wheel drive)
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Front hubs:</span></span>
#11 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Wheels:</span></span>
#12 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Tires:</span></span>
#13 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Fuel Tank:</span></span>
#14 ENTER DATA(gallons, and single or dual)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Weight:</span></span>
#15 ENTER DATA(lbs)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Length:</span></span>
#16 ENTER DATA (inches)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Height:</span></span>
#17 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Width:</span></span>
#18 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Wheelbase:</span></span>
#19 ENTER DATA#

<u><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>INTERIOR OPTIONS
Cloth or leather:</span></span></u>
#20 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Front seats:</span></span>
#21 ENTER DATA(bench or 40/20/40,captains & console)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Power seat:</span></span>
#22 ENTER DATA (driver&#39;s only or both)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Second row seating:</span></span>
#23 ENTER DATA (captains or 60/40)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Third row:</span></span>
#24 ENTER DATA (lay done bed, quick release bronco style)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Heat AC:</span></span>
#25 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Rear heat:</span></span>
#26 ENTER DATA (overhead mounting or Floor)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Rear AC:</span></span>
#27 ENTER DATA (overhead mounting, or floor)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Rear window Defrost:</span></span>
#28 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Power Windows:</span></span>
#29 ENTER DATA (front only, or all four)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Power Door Locks:</span></span>
#30 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Power Tailgate window:</span></span>
#31 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Cruise Control:</span></span>
#32 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Stereo:</span></span>
#33 ENTER DATA (Cd, or Cassette, premium sound?)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Speakers:</span></span>
#34 ENTER DATA (4 or 6 or ?)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Instrumentation:</span></span>
#35 ENTER DATA (full with Tach, or additional?)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Overhead console:</span></span>
#36 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Dash and Door trim:</span></span>
#37 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Glass:</span></span>
#38 ENTER DATA (tinted, or not)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Spare tire Carrier:</span></span>
#39 ENTER DATA (mounted inside or ?)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Other:</span></span>
#40 ENTER DATA (floor mats, overhead assist handles, TV, radar dectector, heated cup holders, or what?)#

<u><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>EXTERIOR OPTIONS
Paint:</span></span></u>
#41 ENTER DATA (e.g. Eddie bauer paint scheme, or custom graphics)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Running boards:</span></span>
#42 ENTER DATA (fiberglass, aluminum, none)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Mirrors:</span></span>
#43 ENTER DATA(towing swing away, or power sport)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Roof Rack:</span></span>
#44 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Reciever Hitch:</span></span>
#45 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Rear Bumper:</span></span>
#46 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Tow package:</span></span>
#47 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Front air Dam:</span></span>
#48 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Grille Guard:</span></span>
#49 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Rear wind deflector:</span></span>
#50 ENTER DATA#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Other:</span></span>
#60 ENTER DATA(e.g. Accent stripe, rear camp light, Key guards)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>Misc Centurion notes:</span></span>?
#61 ENTER DATA(e.g. frame spliced? where? shortened or lenghtend? Roof seam or seams? Dual tank switch still under dash?)#
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>My current Mods:</span></span>
#62 ENTER DATA#

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>My Future Mods:</span></span>
#63 ENTER DATA#

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:#99FF66'>anything else and on to the pics.</span></span>
#64 ENTER DATA#

Traveler
04-11-2006, 01:39 PM
couple pics

Kasprzak85
04-24-2006, 12:58 PM
Whats up with the rear and top? It looks like there is no bronco top to take off or is it just me.

4doorbronko
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Yup, that version is more like a BK2 on steroids.